Western Talent & Innovation Review (WTIR) is a peer-reviewed open access journal that showcases examples, case studies, and best practices of Western Canadian organizations doing innovative things with their talent and culture.
WTIR is soliciting submissions for its inaugural issue that will be published in February 2018.
Articles will be brief, about a single idea or single company. Specific topics will be generally about talent, with suggested ideas being:
- What are organizations in Western Canada doing to find and retain their talent?
- How are organizations marketing themselves to potential talent?
- How are organizations responding to recent / forthcoming changes to employment law (labour code changes, employment standards changes, decriminalization of marijuana etc.)?
- How are organizations responding to the ups and downs of the resource based economy in Western Canada?
- How are organizations building employee engagement, when they might not be able to guarantee longterm employment?
- How are organizations building sustainable and thriving cultures of innovation?
The submission deadline is December 1, 2017 for consideration in the inaugural edition of WTIR in February 2018. Articles submitted after December 1, 2017 will be considered for future editions. The target timeline for a response from the WTIR editors is two weeks.
Any questions regarding articles, WTIR, or the submission process can be sent to Tim Vanderpyl at firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Jeffrey Fischer & Dr. Tim Vanderpyl
Founding Editors of WTIR